Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Snowy Evening

It started snowing here this morning and has been doing so off and on all day. I love the snow, but I just wish that it would start snowing around 3:00 in the morning and then hopefully my DH would have a delay or a snow day and be off from work. Cameron and I have been so spoiled having him around during Christmas time and New Year's and now we are ready for him to be off again (lol). We all just love family time and it doesn't seem like we get enough of it.
Anyway, today was a pretty busy day for me. I cleaned up the house a little bit, did some laundry, chased around some kids, fixed lasagna for dinner, getting ready to clean the kitchen and empty the dishwasher for the 2nd time today and then I must call in and check messages for RESOLVE. Yep, I am happy to say that I am Helpline Volunteer for RESOLVE. I decided to volunteer for the helpline after years of dealing with infertility and what a better way to help others in the same predicament then answering questions for those calling in to the National Infertility Association. I love being able to help others, answer questions and most importantly just listen and be a good support person to guys and gals that are dealing with infertility. I know that I wanted nothing more then to have someone there for me when I was going through infertility, someone that had been there, done that and unfortunately bought the lousy t-shirt. I was indeed blessed to have a friend that had been through every fertility treatment that I had been through and conceived her twin boys through IVF just like I conceived Cameron. So, it was nice to have her and in return I have been able to be a great listener and friend to others that are dealing with infertility. It means alot that I am able to give back to others coping with this same disease.... I just wish I was able to help others instantly and prevent them from riding on that emotional infertility roller coaster. Definitely a roller coaster that no one should have to ride on. I hate the fact that I or others like me have to ride that roller coaster, but if it brings them a little miracle like it brought me Cameron then I must say that I am thankful in every single way. I just wish that it would have been an easier road for us.
Well, before I forget about it.... I better go get the laundry out of the washer before I forget and leave it in there all night long (hmm, that would be a Not Me! Monday post). Hope you all are enjoying your Wednesday evenings!!

5 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

I am going to have to check out the resolve thing. I would love to voulenter for that. Do you have to have a house line or can you use a cell phone? Oh and I will admit that I leave the laundry in over night pretty much daily. HA HA. I know I am horrible.

Kelly said...

we have some snow here too. (and it is still snowing a little)
Hope Shawn gets a snow day. :)
Good for you taking a negative in your life and turning it to a positve by helping others in the same situation. That is awesome.

He & Me + 3 said...

I am hoping for a snow day tomorrow too. It has been snowing here as well. Beautiful everywhere but on the streets. NOt fun to drive in.

Stacey said...

You are so totally awesome girl! We need more women out there like you. What a great volunteer you are; they have gotten one of the best! :) How wonderful, spreading your inspiration to so many people. I am just so happy that I have been one of the lucky ones to have you as part of my family. :) Three cheers for you!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope Shawn gets that much needed snow day. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Love and hugs,
Stacey :)

Stacy said...

Thats a great way to help people out! Way to go!

Snow this something we don't see very often in SC. It has been crazy warm lately. Like last week it was in the 60's!