Friday, October 10, 2008

The Gianna Jensen Story

Have you heard the story about Gianna Jensen? Well, let me tell you a little bit about her and her struggle for life.

Gianna's biological mother was 17 when she had a saline abortion in her third trimester. After being burned alive for approximately 18 hours in the womb from the saline solution, Gianna was delivered alive in a Los Angeles County abortion clinic. The procedure left her with cerebral palsy, which led doctors to assert that she would never be able to hold up her head, sit up, crawl or walk. However, Gianna began to walk by the age of three years old with the help of leg braces and a walker. Now, she runs marathons across the world. On April 30, 2005 Gianna completed her first 26.2 mile marathon after running just over 7 hours. On April 23, 2006 she completed the London Marathon.

Pretty amazing huh? A friend of mine passed along this information to me in an e-mail and it really struck a chord within me. I know that there are so many couples out there that want children and can't have them and to hear a story like this.....well, it literally gave me chills. I know that for awhile my husband and I were talking about adoption when we were having a hard time conceiving. To think that there are women out there that are aborting children just because they might be afraid, can't afford the child or for some other reason. They don't stop and think about the wonderful life the child could have if they were to allow a woman, a man or a couple that can't have a child, to adopt. I am not sure that they consider or even give it any thought that they could actually give this innocent child a chance.

Anyway, I know that everyone is entitled to their own opinion when it comes to abortion and I guess that since this is "MY BLOG" then I am able to voice my opinion. That is my view on this topic and if you are wanting to read up on it a little bit more then you can check out the following websites.....

http://www.bornalivetruth.org
http://www.giannajessen.com

Definitely makes you think!!

No comments: