Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Anniversary Date

Well, as all of you know I celebrated my 5 year wedding anniversary yesterday. We took Cameron over to spend some time with his Grammy and Grampy and then we took off for Texas Roadhouse for a nice dinner out. We ordered a cactus blossom for 2 which could have been for 4 (it was still a pretty big size), we both had prime rib and mashed potatoes and Shawn had a salad and I ordered green beans, but never received them. It was just the right amount of food for me. I didn't stuff myself til I was miserable, but I was trying to avoid that because I didn't want to have another gall bladder attack and I think I did a pretty good job because I am still feeling great!! We had a wonderful time and just as 7:30 pm rolled around we both took a moment to think about our special day 5 years ago. Yep, we got married on a Friday evening during a candle lit ceremony and it was just beautiful. A day to remember forever. Now, we are getting ready to go to the grocery store and put up Christmas lights while the weather is still somewhat mild. We normally don't turn the lights on until after Thanksgiving, but we try to put them out while the weather is still somewhat mild and not so bitter cold. Hope you all are enjoying your weekend.

6 comments:

Davisix said...

So glad you had a beautiful day, my friend. And that's a great idea about the lights. We should be thinking about that too. We lived in FL so long that we got spoiled by the winter weather.

Kelly said...

I love Texas RH. Yummy!
So glad you got to have a nice dinner out. Two dates in one week, good for you!
Pretty smart putting the lights up before the COLD comes. It is raining here today.
Enjoy your saturday.

Candi said...

Happy belated! We are so blessed to have these men in our lives!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

So happy you had a nice day. We got married at night too. I do not know what is worse cold or hot weather in the winter. We have been 90 here, for crying out loud. I had to runt the airconditioner yesterday. Have a blessed weeekend.

He & Me + 3 said...

OH, I Love a good steak! Yum! Glad you had a nice time & a wonderful anniversary. Have fun grocery shopping...Yuck.

McCrakensx4 said...

So glad that you had a fun date! And your ceremony sounds beautiful..candle light :)