Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I am a LUCKY gal

As many of you know..... my hubby works a 2nd job in order to allow me to stay home with our son. Have I mentioned that I am so thankful that I am able to do that? Well, I am, but boy oh boy do I miss him when he is gone all day and in the evening. Tonight he had to go and work from 4-8 pm and we surely missed having him here with us. I fixed dinner and Cameron and I ate, but it just wasn't the same without having my hubby here. Granted, I am so happy that he is working the 2nd job and bringing in some extra money and it allows me to stay home, but I can still miss him when he isn't here - right? Anyway, I set him a plate aside in the refrigerator with some barbeque chicken and peas and he was so happy to come home and have his dinner ready. He was hungry and I don't blame him. He worked hard for our family today and I am so very blessed. It is a part-time job so he won't be gone all of the time and I have to remember that, but I still long for him to have dinner with us and more importantly I love the adult conversation. Cameron was so happy to see his Daddy tonight..... he asked about him after his nap, during dinner and a couple times before he got home. We are both just happy that Daddy is home and we love and appreciate him so very much.

7 comments:

McCrakensx4 said...

I know how that goes. It is hard not having another adult around. When I was a SAHM, I watched kids in my home too, along with my 2 young boys and Ryan was coaching every night for the extra money. Just know that your bloggy friends are here for you, as is God! hang in there. Hope you are feeling better. ~Stacey

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

I understand. Dan is gone every day for dinner as well. He works 3-11 and it is hard. Plus he goes to school too so we don't see him much and it isn't fun but I like you feel very blessed that it works out that I can stay at home with little Lukas. Your doing your part too with babysitting kiddos. Your a great mom and wife. Your better then me you even fix yummy stuff for dinner. Not I, I just make soup or grilled cheese or something since it is just me and Lukas.

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

We are so lucky to have hard working guys. Mine is gone tonight too, he has to start very early in the morning 2.5 hours away from here so he stayed down there...As it was he started at 5 and worked until after 6. So glad he stayed the night and did not drive back.

Amy B said...

We have alot to be thankful for ,huh?
I hope you wake up feeling better. I am anxious to hear what the DR has to say tomorrow. Get some rest.

Kelly said...

I hear you on this. While PJ only works one job, it is not a 9to5er. He sometimes works 2+ hours from home and does not get home until after 8-9pm and it has been as late as 11pm.
While this does not happen often, I hate it when it does. I try to remember that his job allows me to stay home as well, but like you...I can miss him too and wish he were here with us instead. I know he wishes that.

He & Me + 3 said...

Depending on the sports season, Rick is gone some days before the kids get up and gets home well after they are in bed and repeats it for a few days in a row. Man do they miss him then. Those few days a week are tough on us all.

Davisix said...

Awwww, what a sweet sweet post. What a great guy!!!! :)