Saturday, November 29, 2008

Another fun time with FAMILY

Yesterday was yet another fun time with FAMILY. I don't know about all of you, but I love spending time with my FAMILY. It could be my side of the family or Shawn's side of the family, but all and all it is always a great time for each and every one of us. Yesterday we spent the afternoon and evening with Shawn's family and we had a wonderful time. We were able to just relax and Cameron ran around playing with their dog Zoe and he was able to just be himself and have fun and that was just what the doctor ordered for all of us.

I haven't mentioned this in the past, but my Dad has had a couple strokes and has LOTS of health issues. Well, the noise of kids can tend to make him quite nervous so when Cameron wants to run around like any other 1 1/2 year old and play and act like himself then I tend to get nervous and so does everyone else because we feel as though we are constantly on edge and wondering if it will upset my Dad. So, as much as their visit was nice and we did have a nice time (don't get me wrong) it was just nice to spend some time with Shawn's family and just relax and not worry about anything.

Anyway, we arrived and shortly after we decided to eat. Oh, let me tell you that his parents know how to cook. We had homemade noodles that are so delightful and yummy, we had turkey and macaroni and cheese and then some other snack type food. The snack type food consisted of taco beans served with tortilla chips, vegetables and homemade veggie dip, cheesy meat dip served with crackers and my pumpkin cinnamon muffins that were a special request from Shawn's Dad. The food was delicious and I think I ate everything and then some. Did I have a gall bladder attack? Uh yeah, a small one, but I knew it might happen after all of the taco beans I ate. Those taco beans are SO SO SO GOOD!! Oh, they are just so tasty.

After we sat down and ate the yummy food we all decorated their tree which is a tradition and then we sat around and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse..... yep, that little boy of mine is spoiled by everyone. Around 7:00 pm we all loaded up in our van and left to go see the lights at Clifton Mill. For over 18 years Clifton Mill has celebrated the Christmas season in a very special way. The light display is one of the country's finest with over 3.5 million lights illuminating the mill, the gorge, the riverbanks, trees and bridges. There is even a 100 foot "waterfall" of twinkling lights. The flip of one switch turns all the lights on at once transforming night into a fantastical winter wonderland. The lights have been featured in Midwest Living and Ohio Magazine. There is a spectacular synchronized lights and music show that features the old Covered Bridge, a Miniature Village and a Santa Claus Museum. You can peek into Santa's Workshop to see a live Santa at work and then, every 15 minutes or so, watch him check his list and go up the chimney to load his sleigh. If you are ever in the area around this time then it is a MUST SEE. The lights are beautiful and it is amazing to see that literally everything is lit up at Clifton Mill. If you want to read more about it then just click on Clifton Mill and it will take you right to it.

On another great note and a great way to end the evening.... my father in-law and myself spent some time bonding last night and we fixed caramel corn. Yep, my favorite hulless caramel corn and that is another favorite of mine that they make. He showed me how to make it and indeed we had a nice time bonding and being the first to try it out (lol). Awww, he loves me enough to leave the side of Cameron while watching Mickey Mouse and come and make caramel corn with me (too tweet).

Well, after a great afternoon and a great evening, I decided to share some pictures of last night with all of you. Hope you enjoy them!!

Clifton Mill - WOW, look at all of those lights!!
Here is the waterfall of lights.
Here are Grampy, Zoe, Cameron and Grammy
Here is Grammy while putting the ribbon on the ornaments.
Here are Shawn and Aunt Karen helping Cameron put an ornament high on the tree.

3 comments:

McCrakensx4 said...

Sounds like a fun time and W.O.W., the pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing :) I love spending time with family too!

He & Me + 3 said...

What a nice time you had. Beautiful pictures. I love to see all the lights up. So pretty!

Kelly said...

Family time is the best. I love the lights...I am going to check out their site and MAYBE I can convince the hubs to drive me there. ;) It is not too far. he he he
Thanks for sharing. I am so happy that your Thanksgiving was everything you could hope for and more.