Saturday, November 8, 2008

It is time for a date & a time to remember

Just got done getting cleaned up for the day and I am ready for my date today. We decided to go see the early movie since it is cheaper and then who knows what we will do. I already told my hubby that I definitely want popcorn with butter and pop so I am quite anxious to go and enjoy myself. It has been SO LONG since we have been out on a date. I am pretty excited.

To change the subject..... the weather is cold here in Ohio and dreary. It went from 70 degrees to 40 degrees and well that is what Ohio weather is all about. I hate that it changes so rapidly, but it does. I am use to it seeing as though I have lived here all my life. Yep, that is 33 years!!

So, I am sure you all watch your local news - right? You all probably have a local news station that you watch more then others - right? Well, my hubby and I have been watching Channel 10 News here in the Columbus area since we got married (the morning news) and have come to like these news anchors quite a bit. You feel like you know them seeing as though you watch them every single morning for about an hour. Anyway, one of the news anchors that we have watched for many many years has been battling with breast cancer. Unfortunately it spread to her pelvis and spine and of course it made her battle that much more difficult. Heather Pick was an amazing woman. She came and gave the news for 5 hours while she was battling cancer and then would leave for chemotherapy and keep coming back every day after that. I couldn't believe the strength that she had and shared with all of us. She pretty much made you feel like you shouldn't ever complain about anything, but live life to the fullest. Unfortunately, Heather lost that battle yesterday morning with her family by her side. You watch her every morning, 5 days a week and you feel like you know her personally, like you are best friends and it is truly a sad day to know that she lost that battle. It is hard to describe her personality, but you all would have loved it and you would have grown to love her as much as everyone here in the Columbus, Ohio area did. She leaves behind 2 beautiful young children ages 7 and 4 as well as a husband of 10 years. She was only 38 years young!!

If you all could say a prayer for her family today that would be wonderful. I am sure it is a difficult time for all of them. Heaven has certainly gained a sweet spirit and yet another beautiful angel. She will truly be missed.



6 comments:

Kelly said...

Have a great time on your date. FUN FUN FUN!
I had no idea about Heather Pick. WoW!!! I do not watch the news often, as I am usually not up that early. I watch the 11pm news if any. I will definitely keep her family in my prayers.

Alicia W. said...

Have fun tonight on your movie date!! :o)

He & Me + 3 said...

I hope that you had fun and ate lots of Popcorn! YUM! I am so sorry to hear about Heather. That is just so sad. I will pray for her family.

Davisix said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear of this young woman losing her battle with cancer. I will soon be 38 myself and though I'm not afraid of dying...I would be sad to leave my kids without a momma, you know?

On another note....hope you're having a wonderful time on your date. We always go to the early movie to save money too. :)

McCrakensx4 said...

Prayers are being said, awful for those babies :(
Anyways..have a super fun date and eate some popcorn for me!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

This brought me to tears. The pain her family must be in...

I remember when one of the NBC news men died while covering the war, David Bloom. I cried like a baby. He had a young with and three little girls, just broke my heart, I can relate...