Thursday, February 12, 2009

Somewhere Over the Rainbow & A Pot of Gold

Yesterday and last night was an interesting time for weather here in Ohio. We had some major downpours of rain, some bad storms and the winds were AWFUL. Did I mention that the winds were HORRIBLE? We were sitting in our family room, the winds were shaking our windows, the blinds on the windows were moving and the house was creaking and screeching. It was horrible!! I literally thought that I was going to be blown away and land up on the other side of the world. Luckily, our home sits in between two larger homes so we didn't have any damage, but the one house beside us had half of their siding off this morning and more was still flying and the other house had siding off as well, but it was minimal compared to the other side. Thank you Lord for protecting us and our home!!
Shortly after is started pouring down the rain, the sunshine came out and look what it brought to our area. Yep, it brought a BEAUTIFUL double rainbow and let me tell you that it was gorgeous and so bright. I thought for a second that I was in some wonderland and I was definitely getting ready to go search for the pot of gold. Speaking of pots of gold..... don't forget to comment about joining in on the fun of my Pay It Forward Contest. You can sign up on my previous post and the directions are so simple. So, if you are interested in winning that pot of gold......ok, maybe not a pot of gold, but a couple free gifts then you better sign up before Friday at midnight. Yep, the contest is over on Friday at midnight and the winner will be drawn this weekend. Good Luck and until next time......hopefully you all can find a bright rainbow in your day!!



7 comments:

Carly Marie said...

Dear Lisa,

The rainbows are incredible. I am always silenced by their beauty.

I wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog. I know you have have struggled with infertility and I can understand you being anti abortion. It must be so infuriating to see life been taken away like that. I hope that my post did not upset you in anyway. I have so much respect for you and the last thing I would want to do is upset you.

You are a treasure and a blessing to all that know you.

xxx

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

That is so beautiful. Glad everything was okay from the storm.

Stacy said...

The rainbow is beautiful and it aways reminds me of God's promise.

I'm glad you didn't get blown again.I love reading your blog...lol.

Kelly said...

C is still talking about the "weather" this morning. We are still getting some of the winds today, so far. Not quite as bad, but almost.
What a beautiful rainbow. Gorgeous. I love them.
We lost part of our gutter, but that is an easy fix.
After seeing your area on the news, I am so glad to hear you all are OK!!!
:)
Gotta love Ohio & its weather. I say when you have 60+ degree temps in winter, in Ohio...LOOK OUT!!! ;)

Stacey said...

The picture is so beautiful!!! Wow! I wish I could have caught a glimpse of it here.

The winds are still blowing today and hopefully will calm since the cold weather is settling back in. (ugh)

Love and hugs,
Stacey

He & Me + 3 said...

Seriously that is an awesome picture. Just beautiful how God paints those!

Larns said...

Hi Lisa,
I'm a friend of Carlys and I wouldn't usually contact her followers etc but I was shopping today and I saw your double!!! Whenever I check out my friends' site and read her posts I always see your face smiling...and commenting. I cant forget your smile-not sure if I've ever seen such a beautiful smile before!
Not even sure if I'm meant to tell you or not. I swear it was your double!!!
Sara x