Saturday, December 13, 2008

Yep, I think I over did it today

Well, today was a busy day and probably too busy for me. I was actually feeling pretty good today when I woke up... even if I did sleep all night in the recliner. I went all night last night without a pain pill which was a good stretch for me however once I moved and got up out of the chair.... I was feeling the soreness and pain. Anyway, I slept pretty much all morning and then when Shawn got off work we headed to go get Cameron. He spent the night with Shawn's parents. Bless their hearts they are so tired and worn out from watching this very active little boy, but they would never say a thing about it. They love watching him, but they are worn out.
Anyway, we went to go get Cameron and I was so excited to see him. Ah, my heart melts every time I see that little boy especially after he is gone for awhile. I miss him so much and can't wait for things to get back to normal. So, we picked him up and the ride was quite difficult and bumpy (yep, I was sore). We went to the grocery store after we picked him up to get some diapers and I decided to go in which was fine since it was a quick trip. I was slow getting around, but I thought it would help build up my strength. We left shortly after and came home, but then we went back out to Wal-Mart later on this evening. I just wanted to get out because I have been locked up in this house and I was starting to get cabin fever and I was hoping that Shawn could push me around in a wheelchair, but when we got in there.... there were no wheelchairs available. So, I walked around and we got to the back of the store and in that instant, I knew I had overdone it !! Yep, I was hurting pretty bad, but I had to find enough strength to get back to the front of the store, check out and get to the car. Hmmm, yep that was going to be a challenge, but I did it and with alot of pain. We went home instantly after Shawn picked me up at the curb and I came home, propped my feet up and popped a pain pill. WOW, I am hoping I didn't over do it too terribly bad, but tomorrow will be the true test.
Good News out of all of this, is that I picked up my Christmas cards today with Cameron's pictures on them so I can address those and finally get them out. I normally have them out by now, but at least my friends and family will get them before Christmas. hahaha, I was beginning to wonder if they would get them at all. At least that is almost done so I can cross that off my list....what list is that? Oh heck, I don't know. I guess I was just hoping I made a list before my surgery because now, I can't remember anything especially on these strong drugs. Top shelf drugs - gotta love them!!
I think tomorrow will be a day of rest. My in-laws will be back over and will stay here from 3-10 since Shawn has to work. I was hoping he would get the whole weekend off, but I knew he wouldn't be that lucky. I miss him when he is gone. I guess I am just missing everyone and everything that is normal for us right now. One more week of this and then Shawn is off for Christmas break since he is a teacher and then on the 22nd I get my staples out so hopefully the healing will improve even more after that. On a funny note..... I was using the restroom today and if you all have children then you know that you don't ever have any privacy EVER when you have to go to the bathroom. Well, I am sitting there using the restroom and Cameron looks at my belly, looks at my legs and gently rubs his finger over my bruised legs, then he points to my belly and screams out "Yellow Belly". I didn't know what he was saying at first and then I realized that he saw the big bruise all over and around my belly button which is pretty much a bright yellow bruise...... the size of a lemon and he was saying that Mommy had a Yellow Belly. Gotta love a child that is so honest and so observant!! He cracks me up with some of the things that he says. Kids do indeed say some of the darndest things!!


Debra said...


Oh sound like you did overdo it. I'm glad you are resting.

Hugs to you and the little guy!

Kelly said...

Get your rest!!! It is easy to over do it at first. After having CJ (by c-sec and then getting ANOTHER blood clot) I was on bedrest for two weeks... (NO FUN) (1wk in the hospital 1 wk @ home) I was ITCHING to get out of the house. One quick trip to Target was all it took to over do it.
Please rest. You do not want to find yourself BACK in the hospital. (especially for Christmas)
Saying a prayer for you.

He And Me + 3 said...

Praying for you daily friend. Please take it easy and take it slow...your body really needs that time to heal itself.
Listen to your blogging!

Kimber said...

I agree with everyone else. REST!! Hope you aren't too sore tomorrow.

Stacy C. said...

Yeah may be you over did it just a little! Cabin fever is awful but try to rest a little!!

McCrakensx4 said...

Slow down and take it easy! I felt like you and most of the time over did it. Take it one trip at a time! Little by little until you are ready, because my friend, you are no good to anyone if you are too sore to do anything! Praying for you and hoping you feel back to your normal self very soon!

Elaine said...

Oh, I do hope you rest.. I have overdone it after operations and have gotten very sick. I will pray for you to be able to relax and rest...