Monday, December 29, 2008

Time to Organize

My good ole hubby is off from both of his jobs today and tomorrow and I have just a few plans for him (hehehe). I gotta take advantage of him being around and why not do it now while he has 2 days off in a row. One day to help me organize and the other day to recover (lol). Anyway, we have this closet under our stairs that I am wanting to get organized. It is basically full of toys, books and who knows what else. Anyway, I am going to get some totes, organize toys, take some up to his room, organize books, take some to his room and organize, organize and did I say organize? Yep, that is what the day is all about. Anyway, as I am sitting here typing my husband is not wanting to wait so I must go and help him now before he gets a bit frustrated. I will post before and after pictures later. Hopefully we can come up with some type of plan for this closet and not just use it as a junk hold all. Hmmm, perhaps a bigger house would work perfectly (hahaha).

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Umm, what is it with closet under stairs becoming junk heaps? Ours is the SAME way. I clean it out and purge at least 4-6 times a year and STILL it looks disasterous. UGH...what is a Mom to do???
I have thought about taking EVERYTHING out of it and removing the door and letting CJ use it for his dress up stuff and some other misc. toy storage.
My philosophy...NO DOOR, NO MESS. I more likely to keep it cleaned if I can see it. he he he
GOOD LUCK and ENJOY your family time and organzing.

Honey Mommy said...

Sounds like you should definitely break out that "Honey Do" list! Have a happy new year!

He & Me + 3 said...

Already saw the finished product before I read this post. Silly me. Great job though!

Stacey said...

It always seems like this time of year organizing and cleaning become so much more demanding and important. Maybe because of all of the Christmas decorations that need to be drug out and then put away as well as all of the gifts that were given to you and your family? For me the other time of year that cleaning is one of the tasks on my must do today list is spring when we start to open windows again and I want to clean every nook and cranny!

A new house would be great and an even bigger house would be wonderful! My dad always says that "you build a bigger garage to put more stuff in" and then you still don't have room because you have even more stuff! (hahaha) My silly dad, he is so wise and right. However, a bigger house would be so fantastic for you and Shawn and Cameron. Just think more room for primitives, toys, primitives, more furniture/bigger furniture and umm - OH, have I mentioned more primitives! (lol)Well darn it, I guess you might need to consider another bigger house again. (hahaha) Just kiddin'.

Love and hugs,
Stacey :)