Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Time to Brag

Hi All, Things are going pretty good here. I got to shower again today and can't tell you how much I enjoyed it. I don't know how those guys and gals on Survivor do it. How do they go so long without a shower? Oh, I was in the hospital for 3 days and without a shower and that was plenty for me. Anyway, I hate to keep going over the fact that I am clean, but heck.... I smell good and I am enjoying it!
So, I told you that my in-laws have been helping me for quite a few days and I must say that I am so thankful for them. They have been WONDERFUL and I have truly enjoyed their help and their company. Yesterday they were here from 6:45 am until 10:00 pm and they did everything to help me out. They cooked, cleaned, took care of Cameron and took care of me. Did I tell you that they took good care of Cameron? Yep, that was my most important thing. I knew that they would take good care of him, but to see that he was well taken care of and happy was just enough to help me relax and know that he was in good in hands while Mommy is recovering. Recovering is quite difficult on me and Cameron. Cameron wants so bad for me to hold him, rock him, read to him, play with him and run after him and well Mommy isn't able to do much of anything right now. I have no energy, no energy and well not much energy. I am getting better every day, but when you want so bad to help out everyone and do so much..... well, it is bothersome that you can't do what you want to do. So, if you are one of those people out there that likes to do, do, do and can't do, do, do when you are down and out then it tends to be bothersome to you and quite irritating!! I just hate imposing on others and that is difficult for me. I too want to do all those things that Cameron wants and it hurts me to know that it will be 6 long weeks before I can hold him again. It will literally seem like an eternity for me to be able to hold and snuggle with him again and who knows if he will even be in to his Mommy anymore. Ugh, how difficult!! I just have to hope and pray that he doesn't give up on his Mommy and doesn't forget that I too can have fun with him even if I can't hold him.
Well, I am gonna wrap things up for now. Cameron is taking a nap and I might try to enjoy the quiet time as well. Take Care Everyone!!

5 comments:

Debra Kaye said...

Lisa,

I am so glad you have help from your in-laws and you are finally able to be showered and refreshed. I continue to keep you in my prayers!

Blessings to you!

Kelly said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better today. Each day, one step, you will get there.
Cameron will not forget you and will be even more thankful for you once you are back to 100%. Can he just sit on your lap? Probably not a great idea, I know how boys are squirmy. Maybe in a couple weeks when you are healed even more.
Keeping you all in my prayers.
And your in law sound awesome.

He & Me + 3 said...

What great in-laws you have. Still praying for you...get well soon!

McCrakensx4 said...

I was glad my mom was here for my surgery. Knowing that they were well taken care of was a load off of my shoulders! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Lyndsay said...

I know exactly what you are going through. After my C-Section with Jack I just wanted to hold Owen, but I couldn't. They said it would take 6 weeks for me to recover, but I started picking him up after 2 1/2. I just couldn't take it anymore. Plus for me the healing really began after I started pushing myself to get back to my normal tasks. Here's hope you heal faster than expected so you can love on your little boy!