Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Talk With My Surgeon

Today I contacted my surgeon with questions about my weight restrictions. I am getting quite yantzy if you can tell. All I want to do is grab a hold of my little boy and hold on so tight to him and unfortunately I am not able to do that yet. I couldn't remember what my doctor told me, I guess my old age is getting the best of me (lol). Anyway, the nurse informed me that I am not able to lift anything over 20 lbs for 4 weeks from the 22nd when I had my staples removed. So, I guess I still have 3 more weeks left (UGH). I am getting so frustrated to say the least and all I want to do at this point is to snuggle with my little boy. I just want to be able to do all of those things that I am use to doing with him and as you guessed it.... I am missing it BIG BIG bunches!! I guess you could say that I am a bit jealous too. I mean this little boy of mine is totally obsessed with his Daddy now and doesn't want a thing to do with me and it is killing me. We go from being best of buddies to strangers or something close to it. It hurts!! Well, I guess I will just start counting down those days and when those 3 weeks are up, you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be holding that little boy as much as I can in a 24 hour period. Another thing that I mentioned to my doctor was the fact that I was still experiencing sharp pains in my surgery area. I asked if it could possibly be the fact that everything was moving back into place and that the muscles and everything were growing back together or whatever they do after surgery and she said "yes" and "no". She explained that if the pains continue and I am still experiencing them next week then I should probably come in and have an x-ray done. I asked why and she explained that it could mean that perhaps I still have a gall stone that is basically floating around in there and wreaking havoc. Oh, geesh!! I about lost my mind when she said that. What I didn't tell her is that I have been experiencing the pain for the past couple weeks. It is intermittent, but it is definitely something that gets my attention so here is to hoping that the pain disappears soon. The last thing I need or want is another surgery and most importantly to be cut open again and deal with weight restrictions again. Gotta love it!! Well, I will keep you all posted. If you could just keep me in your prayers - I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

9 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

You will be in my prayers. I am sorry about the weight restriction that is tough. Lukas is best buddies with Dan. Seriously he prefers him to me and has for a while. At first it sort of bugged me and made me feel bad but I LOVE it now. I take advantage of it. When Dan is home I get some extra things done because he wants to play with daddy. He wakes Dan up in the mornings not me so that helps me be able to catch another half hour of sleep or so.

Stacey said...

As always, you will be in our prayers. Scott asks about you quite often with how you are doing and recovering. He absolutely loved seeing Cameron. My heart melts every time he talks to, hugs or plays with a little one. I know he is going to be such a great dad. I just know it. :) Seeing him with Cameron will be a picture that will last a lifetime in my mind. :)

I am crying with you because you can not pick up and hold Cameron. I could never imagine that and hope these next three weeks fly by for you! You are so strong and believe me Cameron sees it and knows it too. :)

Love and hugs,
Stacey :)

Kelly said...

I am sorry that you still can not lift Cameron. I am sure it is hard.
I will be praying that your sharp pain subsides and that the next three weeks flies by, so that you can hold your little guy again.

Carly Marie said...

Praying that this time goes by quickly for you Lisa.

My girls love me sometimes and others its all about their Dad's.... its nothing personal.... they are just little!

Love to you

Carly x

Liz said...

You are in my prayers....I couldn't lift #3 (or #1 or#2 for that matter, but there were too big to lift anyway!) when I was pregnant with #4 for about 3 months...it about drove me crazy...we did A LOT of snuggling on the couch...Hope your pain goes away and there are no more surgeries!

He & Me + 3 said...

Praying that all will be back to normal soon and that you are able to hold sweet Cameron ASAP.

Debra Kaye said...

Oh Lisa,

I have continued to pray for you...I hope you get to hold that sweet boy of yours soon!

Happy Wednesday, sweet gal!

Lianna Knight said...

Praying that those three weeks FLY by :)

Lyndsay said...

My son Owen has been doing the same thing. He wants pretty much nothing to do with me when Daddy is here and it's been driving me crazy. I love that little guy and he used to be all mine and now that's changed. I started reading a book by Dr. Dobson called 'Bringing Up Boys' and it's really helped me make sense of it. God designed boys to want to become like their father and right around 2 years old is when they start realizing they don't want to be like mommy and that they are different so they start klinging to daddy more.