Tuesday, August 12, 2008

MOOD SWINGS ARE AWFUL

Well, things are ok here. It has been quite an awful month to be quite honest with all of you. I totally thought that perhaps the Clomid wouldn't be that bad this time around since I already have our little boy, but I was wrong. I guess I didn't realize how bad this fertility drug was until it started causing havoc in my life. WOW, lets talk about some messed up hormones, mood swings, mood swings and did I mention mood swings? It has been so terribly bad that my husband and I sat down to talk about what we are going to do next month if we didn't become pregnant. Well, after that conversation we decided to STOP the Clomid and just enjoy our little boy. This fertility drug is truly enough to make me want to climb the walls, scream at the top of my lungs, cry, laugh and whatever else strikes my fancy. I would normally be able to handle things and I wouldn't get so upset, but I am truly someone that I am not familiar with at all and it isn't fun!! I am ready for these fertility meds to be out of my system and for me to get back to the person that I am use to being. It is strange when you feel like you are out of control and you realize it, but you just basically have to wait til the meds are out of your system to feel better. Being infertile is definitely a very tough road for anyone and then when you throw medication on top of the emotions and hormones that you are already coping with it makes it even more difficult. I always wanted more then 1 child because I wanted Cameron to have someone to play with and I know for a fact that he would be an EXCELLENT Big Brother, but if we don't have another one then it won't be the end of the world and I have realized that. I am just so very happy and blessed that I have 1 child and he brings so much love, laughter, and light to our lives. I go in for bloodwork on the 18th. . . . that will let me know if I ovulated so we will see what takes place then. We are not giving up hope and we are keeping the FAITH, but I will feel a sense of relief once I am done with the roller coaster of emotions and the Clomid is out of my system. I will keep you all posted.

No comments: