Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Cake Maker Baker

Cameron had been asking for cake the past couple nights so I decided to allow him to help me bake a cake. Yep, he has helped me before and he wanted to help again. He pushed his chair over to the counter, we washed his hands and we started mixing our cake. He helped me measure everything and pour it into the bowl and of course he helped me lick the beaters and the leftover batter from the bowl. Yep, I let my child eat the batter and it is so good. I remember me doing that with my Mom when I was younger and I want him to remember that too. Gotta love sweet memories with Mom - right?
Oh - if you are wondering it was yellow cake with Hershey's Chocolate fluffy icing and it is so tasty!! We had such a fun time and he has needed that especially since he has been sick. Doesn't cake make everyone feel better? Of course sprinkled with a little love from Mom : )




8 comments:

Aspiemom said...

When my step-daughter was 3-4 years old my husband would pick her up every Wed. evening and when she'd walk in the door she would say "What are we baking tonight, Deb?" because...I always baked with her Wed. night. I knew her mom was acquainted at all with her kitchen and wanted Ashley to learn to love it. We had so much fun and I have special pictures of that smile on her face!

He & Me + 3 said...

That is such a fun time for both of you. I love cooking and baking with my kids. So awesome and he will remember that forever!

Jen said...

Looks like a good time.
Now I think I want some yellow cake with chocolate frosting!

McCrakensx4 said...

What a fun and memorable time for both of you! And cake...YUMMY!!

The Dorns said...

omg what precious pictures looks like you BOTH had fun!

Carly Marie said...

Oh LISA!

This is the sweetest post I have ever read.... I loved it so much I cried! HAPPY TEARS OF COURSE. Thank you for always making me smile.

YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!

XXXX

Kami said...

Those moments are so wonderful aren't they?? One of my girls LOVES to help with whatever she can! It's so cute! I love the pictures! Thank you for sharing!

Kami

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Awww, I do not know how I missed it. This is just precious. It must have been in my week of funk. Too cute, so glad one of your comments mentioned it so I could go back and find it.