Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Little Kayleigh

I am not sure if you all have been following the story of little Kayleigh, but she passed away last night. This little girl was simply precious and a true fighter! Kayleigh was born 3 months early on June 23, 2008 and only weighed 1 pound 1 oz. and was a small 10 1/2 inches long. She went through 248 procedures and 7 major surgeries. She was the smallest person to go through open heart surgery. She was indeed a true fighter and lost her life way too early. She is definitely in a better place where there is no more pain and I know that her parents are thankful for that, but miss her terribly. I myself was holding out hope that her parents would be able to take her home so she could see her room and they all could have some family time, but I guess God just needed that special angel a little sooner then what they had hoped for. Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers!! I am sure that they are going through a very difficult time. Our Heavenly Father will hold her close until her and her parents are reunited. God Bless them!!

2 comments:

Kami said...

Very well said honey. My heart breaks for them tonight but indeed, that little miracle is in better hands now.

Hugs,
Kami

1luckychick said...

That is heartbreaking and I will say a prayer for that family.